Last week I wrote a post about getting into Meditation and testing out the Headspace application and applying it to My Morning Routine. It’s a great application, but it was just ok for me… Here’s why:
Headspace, I could see being particularly great for women because it’s this Australian dude’s voice calmly guiding you through your first time meditating and nurturing your spiritual growth.
What I pictured was this… a much scrawnier version of Russell Crowe leading you down a path of self-exploration with 9 out of 10 on the creepy scale cartoon puppet robot things bouncing in and out every so often.
I’m not bad mouthing this application, it is actually a really great application particularly for tracking progress and teaching beginners, but that’s just the image that comes to my mind – and some people might dig that kind of thing. Plus the little elf-like, clown-like, bow-tie wearing Teletubby reincarnate gave me the heebie-jeebies.
So… I’ve since revived an old favorite mediation resource that I’ve used previously, introducing…
Reasons I Prefer Calm.com
- The woman’s voice is super calming to me
- It has a great mobile and web interface
- It doesn’t try to sell me on meditating or require me to sign up, it’s an option
- It gets right to the point, go to http://www.calm.com and you can start meditating in under 5 seconds
- It has multiple different categories of guided meditations
- If you don’t need a guide, it will simply be your timer
The Categories they Offer:
- 7 Days of Calm (beginner track)
- Calm (the core product)
- Anxiety Release
- Inner Peace
- Inner Strength
- Sleep – yes Sleep!
- Calm.com is now officially part of My Morning Routine
- I take 2-10 minutes, the moment I wakeup, and select a category for the day
- In the mornings – I’m generally taking the Energy or Motivation path – but I change it up, no biggie
- Usually in the evening I’ll take 2-10 min as part of My Bedtime Routine – and love doing the Sleep version.
and that’s my product pitch of the day – just going to put it out in the universe – I want to be paid for product endorsements I believe in some day.